Saturday, October 29, 2011

McDunalds Chocolate Shake Recipe... (Sort of)

Wow I am really excited to share this elixir I've been making.  It has a texture and consistency that can only be described as like a McDonald's Chocolate shake.  Here is the catch though... It is warm and has no chocolate in it.  It may be one of those things that other people won't fully appreciate, but I am so enamored that I thought I'd break down the recipe.

McDunalds "Chocolate" Shake (for trademark reasons of coarse I had to change the name to Mcdunalds)
 


ingredients:
4 cups warm Tea:
  • Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum)
  • Birch Tinder Polypore (Fomes Fomentarius)
  • Artists Conch (Ganoderma Apalatum)
  • Chaga (Inonotus Obliqus)
  • False Turkey Tail (Stereum Ostrea),
  • He Shu Wu (Polygonum Multiflorum)
  • Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera)
1 or 2 bananas (depending on how sweet you want it)
1/2 cup brazil nuts
1 bunch chicory (enough so that the perimeter of the stems together is about the size of a 50 cent piece)
3 tablespoons maca
1 tablespoon chlorella
1 tablespoon kelp
1 teaspoon zeoforce

directions:
I prepare the tea the night before and leave to simmer in a crock pot.  The drink ca be ade with hot tea, although I prefer to let it cool a bit before I blend it up.

In a high power blender combine everything but the chicory and blend.  Stop the blender add the chicory (at this point I find that a tamper is useful) and bring the speed back up on the blender.  Blend until smooth.  I know that it is perfect if it is steaming ever so slightly.


Pour into a glass and enjoy with a glass straw.


No comments:

Post a Comment